Alksnine Church of the Transfiguration of Christ
Church of the Transfiguration of Christ is a church that stands in Alksnine village, only 2.1 km from Vinksnupiai manor.
In 1859, the pastor of Vilkaviskis, Juozapas Zenkovich, built a brick family burial chapel in the fields of his Vilkabaliai manor. The parish, founded in 1920, was named Alksnine. Under the care of its first pastor, Leonas Seniunas, the rectory huts were built. After 1938, pastor Povilas Jakulevicius built a church near the chapel (archit. A. Kudokas project). It was repaired after the Second World War by the pastor Bronius Antanaitis.
The church is historic, has neo-Gothic and neo-Baroque features, a rectangular plan, with a three-walled apse, towerless.